Hi Marise and thanks for all the comments you made on some of the issues posted here.
I think you miss the main point about the postings made on this blog. The main issue is a big one: namely the absence of transparency of operations and the accountability of individuals for their actions.
Would you like to make comment on the following issues:
- Arataura chairman Tuku Morgan and secretary Charles Joe having deliberately sabotaged the last TWO Te Kauhanganui meetings that were meant to have taken place in May and June. How would you make these individuals accountable for their actions? An insincere apology given to Te Kauhanganui wouldn’t be good enough.
- What about Tuku’s mad efforts to block the financial review requested by Te Kauhanganui. What on earth is Tuku trying to hide?
- What about the tremendous waste of time and money by Tuku when he drags the chairperson of Te Kauhanganui through unnecessary high court litigation, abusing tribal funds in the process.
- And through the actions of a few, what do you think about these individuals wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on these fruitless escapades? For instance, Shafthaussen blew $400,000 on a restructuring process and she woke up one day and just decided not to continue with. How would you make Te Arataura accountable for wasting loads of Tainui’s cash that was meant for the benefit of tribe members?
- Tuku made statements to the newspapers, radio, and TV reporters about how he was going to take Taina Martin to court for defamation… more blow hard statements!
- What about Tuku lying about having laid a complaint to the police about Tania Martin, when he actually hadn’t? Is that proper behavior for the chair of Te Arataura? I think not!
We await your responses Marise… if you have the time…